Route 66: 2010

Monday, July 19, 2010

Route 66: 2010 Day 14

Today is 6/25/10

Today is another day that since I didn't write this "crap" down, I've got to try to remember...

We leave El Reno this morning as guess what, we head East.  :)  We head farther along the route and come across the Big Blue Whale in Catoosa, OK.  It's an odd thing, but again, there have been a few odd things on Route 66 in Oklahoma, remember Harley & Annabelle?

We stopped in on a really cool motorcycle museum.  Even after all these days, it still brings a smile to my face when I see all these bikes lined up.  We always get great receptions where ever we go as well.

Our next stop was lunch at 4 Women on the Route.  This is an AWESOME little (and I DO mean little) place right on the corner.  Oh yeah, they are on the corner and pretty much in the middle of the Kansas Route 66, (it should be easy to find, there's only about 13 miles in Kansas).  Just in case you still can't locate them, they are in Galena, KS.

Across the street, Morten found a Very Cool '46 Chevy pickup.  She was a great looker, but apparently the owner felt he needed it worse than Morten.  I DO however, now know what I need to be looking for.  One of these days, I'll send you a little present Morten, I promise.  :)

We end up today's journey in Springfield, Missouri.  Hot and humid it was...bless the Midwest.  I believe it topped out at a mere 101 degrees Fahrenheit.  That's the kind of heat that makes you start dripping just by sitting on the bike without it even running.

No comments:

Post a Comment