Route 66: 2010

Friday, January 7, 2011

Paisano European Tour 2010 - Day 21

Day 21 is September 27

Well, it's 12:30 am and I'm up coughing again.  I'm still trying to get over this crud and so I head downstairs to the cough and banish myself until about 5am.  I got some sleep until about 9am.  By the time I drag myself back downstairs, it was breakfast time with Morten and Momma.

Today, our first adventure is a trip to Kristin and Maja's school.  Line and Morten worked with the school and Maja's teacher to allow us to visit.  While we were visiting the school we got to spend time in Maja's class.  It was really fun for me and Momma too.  The kids were great, very polite, had some great questions for us and even though they were pretty shy, really were a lot of fun.  I think it was a learning experience for all of us.
 
 After we finished up answering all the great questions, we got a chance to hang out with an older class as well.  In this class we spent some time on geography.  It was great to spend time with the older kids and especially for them to get a feel for how far the US is away from Norway.  It also gave them a great example of how similar we are, even if we're half way across the world.

After we finished with our classroom activities, Momma, Morten and I spent some time outside during the recess time and were treated to a nice little performance from Kristin, Maja and some friends.  It was fun for me to see how much kids here in Norway remind me of kids back home in Colorado.  We got a few more pictures at the school and after a great day with the kids we were off to the store to pick up more medicine to try to get rid of my crud.



Dinner tonight was Great!  We had moose and roe deer meat.  Here's a thought.  If we woulda had more moose would it have been meese meat or mooses meat???  This was Really great stuff!  I, of course had never had either.  It was really outstanding!  This great meal was topped off with a wonderful bottle of Spanish red gifted from Hans.  He brought it back from his, (and the family's) trip to Spain.  Yahoo!  Great, great stuff!








After the dinner, Hans and Ronja were hanging out and we all went to Raustein Farm to checkout the sunset.  It was beautiful.  I always enjoy both sunset and sunrise, but in reality, sunset is easier for me to deal with.  You know, it's later and I'm not still trying to get my Much needed beauty rest. :)  We were able to get a few pretty cool sunset pictures and even one with some gray haired dork.

 


We all enjoyed a nice coffee and dessert with the family and got ready to call it a night.  On our way home, Morten decided to drive the '56 Chevy and well, Morten's a nice guy, so he kindly let me drive...Yay!



After we got back home, we call it a night, I head upstairs and try to get healthy(er).

Good Night All!  It's SO hard to believe that this trip is nearly over.

No comments:

Post a Comment