Route 66: 2010

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Paisano European Tour 2010 - Day 4

Day 4 is Friday September 10

We are in Europe!  The flight from Chicago, (9/9) to Munich (9/10) was pretty uneventful, which is good.  We had the layover in Munich with enough time to make our connection with no stress AND since we were flying with Lufthansa, we actually had good food and snacks on all the flights, AND it was free, too.  What a pleasant change from the domestic US flights where they practically charge you to use the restroom.

The process to go through Customs went very smoothly and that was certainly a pleasant surprise.  That will be important later on for the return flight...

While waiting for our flight to Zurich, I had the opportunity to be in the general vicinity of an attractive lady with Great legs.  Now, before you ask, Of Course I didn't talk to her...I'm Shy, remember.  The flight from Munich to Zurich was nice and didn't take too long.  Really, after about 8 to 10 hours of flying, another couple hours doesn't really matter.  I think this flight was a bit over 1 1/2 hrs.






We are in Zurich at last.  Yay!

We checked into and stayed at the Park Inn for two days and used this as a "base of operations" until we head south.  The shuttle and check in went very smoothly and well, it didn't hurt At All that Anna, the gal working the front desk was CUTE.  Yes, I know "here he goes again".  I guess I have a thing for Gorgeous blue eyes, dark hair, a great smile & dimples, with an accent.  (By the way, No, I'm Not just like everyone else.  I really Do understand that True beauty is in what a person does & not how a person looks.)  In this case that accent was because she was from Poland.  Anyway, she was very pleasant and helpful.  Our room was pretty nice and comfortable, so upon getting checked in and settled down, we both ended up taking a nap.

Naptime for Joey was much needed and Mom Rocks, so after a an hour or two she was ready for dinner.  We didn't feel much like "exploring", so we had dinner in the hotel in front of the window that faces the airport.  It was a nice way to relax a bit and settle in for a Great 3 weeks.  Dinner was pretty good, if a bit pricey.  We wrap up and wonder our way upstairs.

Momma Paisano, (Dora, for those who don't know her), had a "Dora the Explorer" notebook, courtesy of yours truly and was absolutely Great about writing in it every night.  I'm so proud of her!  Between Momma's writing and my lesson learned from the Route 66 ride, (Not writing at least Some notes), I kept up on my writing as well.  I mean I've got a Ton of notes.  I wonder if I would have done better in school if I would have taken notes like this back then...Nah, it was boring back then.  :)

Tomorrow, we Explore Zurich!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment