Route 66: 2010

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Paisano European Tour 2010 - Day 11

Day 11 is September 17

Today we hop the train from Bern to Zurich.  Luckily, this trip was uneventful which was rather nice.  I still can't get over how much nicer 1st class is.  It is Such the way to go.

While we were talking with Miki at the EF office in Bern, we decided that we would try to rub elbows with the "higher ups" at EF, but that didn't quite work out like I would have liked.  I KNOW you're surprised by that.  Ha!  I just couldn't figure out how to "conveniently" get out of the airport, visit and then get back for our flight to Germany, so we decided to put that on the list for next time.


We did, however, spend our day wondering around the Zurich airport and bought our first bunch of Swiss chocolate.  Naturally, we didn't bring All of it back.  We had to taste it and make sure it was OK, you know.  Thankfully, airports, especially international type airports have come along way and the food there isn't so bad.  Decent places to sit and relax as well.



Dank der Schweiz und aller erstaunlich wundervollen Leute, die wir und die schönen Aufstellungsorte uns trafen, wir sahen. Es war eine Wahrscheinlichkeit einer Lebenszeitreise. Michael und Eva, sind Sie immer in Kolorado willkommen

Because Momma & I are on a bit of a budget, before we left "home" we booked our flights from Zurich to Hamburg, Hamburg to Trondheim and Trondheim to Zurich.  When we did that, we looked mostly at cost and you know what happens when you only look at cost, right?  Something usually happens.  Our Air Berlin flight was delayed about 1hour.  I figured that if we would have flown Lufthansa it would have been fine because we would have just told them we know THE Frank Wilkens ;)   Things would have been Perfect.  Oh yeah, my suitcase showed up with a broken wheel.  Oh well, that's OK, it was there with us when we got off the plane.

It was So Great to see Marc, Heike, Jana & Frank.  I sure have missed my German Sohn.  I am very sorry that we made them stay out so late for us.  It's a bit of a quirk of mine.  I always prefer to make my way to and from the airport.  Not that I don't appreciate someone there for me, I just hate making someone wait on me, because it seems more often than not, my flight is late.

After the drive from the airport in the big - by European standards - rental van, we got settled in and chatted a bit and then turned in. It was so nice to be "home".

By the way, as you can see, it was a rather slow picture taking day, sorry.

Tomorrow is our day trip to Berlin.

Good Night All!

No comments:

Post a Comment